Social Media Coordinator &
Web Designer Job Description
The position of Social Media/Web Designer for a local holistic wellness center is available to begin June 17. This 10-20 hour a week position offers scheduling flexibility including daytime and evening hours, a great deal of work autonomy, varied responsibilities, and compensation of $10.00-$12.00 per hour depending on experience. In this position you will create and disseminate the social media efforts for a 30+ person holistic center and keep the WordPress hosted website updated and accurate.
Responsibilities include meeting or communicating with providers at the Center to obtain information to be utilized on social media platforms and website updates. You will have regular comments and distributions with Google, Yelp, Facebook, and Instagram. You will also create a weekly Mailchimp newsletter and update the website as needed. Additional to the social media efforts, you will be available to assist clients in the scheduling and use of the Center’s far-infrared sauna/whole-body vibration program.
In this role you will create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication and safety. You will need to be well organized and know how and when to act proactively as well as when to ask for assistance. Both attention to detail and awareness of the larger picture are important understandings for the person in this role.
- Working knowledge of Social Media Platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Yelp, Google, and Mailchimp
- Fluid understanding of WordPress design
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Word, in particular)
- Hands on experience with office machines (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to recognize and suggest improvements
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to be self-directed and work autonomously
To be considered for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
If you are interested in and have the skill set for both the Social Media/Web Designer and Office Manager/Executive Assistant position, please notify in your Cover Letter that you are applying for both positions.