Office Manager & Executive Assistant Job Description
The position of Office Manager/Assistant to the Director of a local holistic wellness center is available to begin June 17. This $10-20 hour a week position offers scheduling flexibility including daytime and evening hours, a great deal of work autonomy, varied responsibilities, and compensation of $10.00-$12.00 per hour depending on experience. In this position you will learn a tremendous amount about the daily operations of a 30+ person holistic center. If you are interested in mental, physical, or spiritual health; or business, this position will provide you with amazing experience and assist you with your larger career goals.
Responsibilities include administrative duties, onboarding new employees, providing administrative support to employees, managing phone conversations and emails with prospective clients, overseeing the smooth operation of the front desk, light bookkeeping and record keeping, and scheduling appointments in the center’s far-infrared sauna.
In this role you will create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication and safety. You will need to be well organized and know how and when to act proactively as well as when to ask for assistance. Both attention to detail and awareness of the larger picture are important understandings for the person in this role. As the public face for the center, you will be interacting regularly with different types of people with various needs.
Candidates with previous experience as an office manager or assistant will have an advantage, as will candidates who have had experience in the holistic wellness and especially mental health fields.
- Some experience as an Office Manager, Administrative Assistant, or ability to learn quickly
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Word, in particular)
- Hands on experience with office machines (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to recognize and suggest improvements
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to be self-directed and work autonomously
To be considered for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
If you are interested in and have the skill set for both the Social Media/Web Designer and Office Manager/Executive Assistant position, please notify in your Cover Letter that you are applying for both positions.