Amy Weckherlin is a certified biofeedback specialist with a passion for providing EPR (Electro-Physiological Reactivity) biofeedback services for stress reduction, muscle re-education, pain management, relaxation training and brainwave training.
What is EPR Biofeedback?
EPR Biofeedback is a technique in which people are trained to improve their health by using signals from their own bodies. The biofeedback device reads the body at biological speeds and provides results within minutes. The biofeedback process is totally non-invasive and requires only 5 comfortable sensors that wrap around the wrists, ankles and forehead. After gathering the test results, the data offers an understanding of the client’s potential needs. The results show aberrations in the body's electrical reactivity from the various tests that are client specific, using the client’s own unique biofeedback baselines of reactivity response. The client's electrical range of response is measured through a calibration process which establishes their "baseline" or normal range of electrical reactivity response.
How are biofeedback results shared with the client?
A report is generated for the client which shows reactivity measures and structures them in an easy-to-understand reactivity report.
The benefits of biofeedback include:
- Ability to relax more quickly
- Improved sleep
- Reduction of stress, tenseness and nervousness
- Improved general health and wellness
- Reduction of anger, fear, apprehension and moodiness
- Heightened muscle mobility, coordination, flexibility and sport performance
- Enhanced mental clarity, memory and improved attention
- Decreased pain/headaches
Before coming to the St. Louis Wellness Center, Amy has prior experience working in:
• Certified as Biofeedback Specialist through Board of Advanced Natural Health Sciences (BANHS)
• Licensed physical therapist with over 20 years of experience providing excellent direct patient care in a variety of clinical settings. Possessing strong inter-personal skills and enthusiasm for learning and growing in the field of holistic wellness.
• Master of Business Administration, Webster University
• Master of Science in Physical Therapy, St. Louis University
• Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science, St. Louis University
• Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, St. Louis University
For Amy's services you may pay by cash, credit card,
Contact her at 314-346-1500