Aromatherapy refers to the use of aromatic natural extracts (commonly referred to as "essential oils") in use of a relaxing therapeutic method. Essential Oils are naturally occurring volatile aromatic compounds found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers, and other parts of plants. Essential oils give plants their distinctive smells, protect and heal the plants and play a role in plant pollination. Because our human bodies are plant like material, when essential oils are taken into our bodies these oils are in a familiar environment and go to work on our bodies just as they would for the plants. For this reason, essential oils have long been used for food preparation, beauty treatment, and health-care practices and are still helpful today.
What Can Essential Oils Help With?
- Weight Management
- Respiratory and Immune Support
- Discomfort Relief
- Digestive & Intestinal Issue
- Energy & Vitality
- Women’s & Men’s Health
- Mood Management & Depression
- And More!
How Do I Use Essential Oils?
Essential Oils can be Used 2 Ways:
- Place a drop of oil in your hands and rub together, cup over your nose and breathe in deeply
- Place 3-4 drops in a diffuser
- Place a drop of two in the far end of your shower and let the steam create a relaxing steam
- Place a drop or two directly on the affected area
- Place on reflex points such as temples, wrists, back of the neck or bottoms of the feet
- *NOTE: Essential oils are concentrated and can be too strong for children and infants if applied directly. For children always use a carrier oil (coconut oil, olive oil, grapeseed oil, etc) to dilute. Also several oils should be diluted for everyone including oregano, cinnamon and thyme
Why Quality of Essential Oils Matters
Essential oils are not regulated by the FDA because they are not considered a food or a drug. They are only regulated for cosmetic benefit such as fragrance. Therefore the only requirement to call an oil "100% Pure" is that there must be at least 10% oil in the bottle. Unfortunately, we live in a world where profitability is often at the top of most companies' priorities and therefore they will do the least they have to do to make the most profit. This can put you and your family in danger if you are wanting to use the oils for a medicinal benefit.
Some red flags to look for to know if your oil is not 100% pure is if it says "Keep away from Children," "Dilute" "Not for Internal Use" and if there is not supplement label. Often these oils are fine from a fragrance perspective but there are no health benefits associated with them. doTERRA Essential Oils are Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade oils are a safe and reliable option for your family.